Welcome to the wonderful world of Groovy!
In this course, we take you step-by-step through the most common features and programming idioms of the Groovy programming language enabling you to supercharge your developer productivity by harnessing the power of Groovy's lightweight and succinct programming syntax!
We'll explore Groovy's lightweight and powerful syntax which slashes development time down to at most a quarter of the time you'd spend in writing the equivalent Java program!
As a Java developer of over 20 years programming in the main investment banks of the world, I'm proficient in Java for sure. But in spite of the skill level I have in
Java, Groovy is still my number one go-to language when it comes to knocking up quick scripts to automate drudge work and even for writing full scale applications too (using other frameworks such as Grails and Griffon).
Groovy is predominantly seen today in Jenkins pipelines scripts and in Gradle build scripts, but this really underplays its power and versatility as we'll see in this course. You're gonna excited by it's features and start using it in your day to day developer activities once you take this course!
In particular, you'll learn the following:
- Getting set up with Groovy, installing it and creating Groovy projects in the IDE
- Exploring the Groovy toolset
- Using Groovy Console to execute Groovy code
- Common Groovy operators which form the cornerstone of it's powerful syntax
- Strings, heredocs and using regular expressions and capture groups to parse and extract strings
- Groovy collections and the enhancements delivered by the GDK (Groovy Development Kit)
- Iterating collections
- Searching through collections
- Filtering and transforming collections in Groovy with Groovy's powerful closure mechanism
and much much more!
I can't wait to see you inside and share my passion for Groovy with you - so enrol today and let's get started! ;)